Skip to content
August 22, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

VAR officials recalled after failure to award Luis Diaz’s goal for Liverpool against Tottenham

Two soccer officials involved in Luis Diaz’s wrongly disallowed goal for Liverpool against Tottenham last month will return to Premier League duty this weekend.

Video Assistant Referee Darren England and his assistant, Dan Cook, have been recalled for the first time since their error in Tottenham’s 2-1 victory.

England will be the fourth official for Brentford’s game against Burnley on Saturday and Cook is an assistant for Sheffield United’s match against Manchester United on the same day.

Their failure to award what would have been an opening goal for Diaz prompted Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp to call on the Premier League to have the game replayed. It also led to the Professional Game Match Officials Limited, which is the governing body of referees in England, to announce changes to video review protocols.

The body admitted the mistake after VAR failed to award Diaz’s goal, despite replays clearly showing the forward was onside when he scored. When audio of the decision-making process was released, it became evident the video review official mistakenly believed the goal had been awarded by the onfield officials and did not overrule that call. Diaz had, however, been whistled for offside.

Liverpool issued a statement saying it would “explore the range of options available given the clear need for escalation and resolution.”

Klopp went further when calling for a rematch.

“I’m used to wrong and difficult decisions, but something like this never happened and so that is why I think a replay is the right thing to do,” he said.

After that loss, Liverpool dropped further points in a draw with Brighton the following week. Tottenham, meanwhile, moved to the top of the standings after a 1-0 win over Luton.

Changes to protocol implemented by the PGMOL include improved communication between Video Assistant Referees. It also said it would reiterate that the speed of decision-making must not be at the expense of accuracy.

 

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Juventus midfielder Nicolò Fagioli gets seven-month ban from soccer for betting violations
Next Zimbabwe women’s soccer coach to appear in court after being charged with sexual assault

Related Stories

Elche vs Barcelona: La Liga – Prediction, Team News, and Lineups

Elche vs Barcelona: La Liga – Prediction, Team News, and Lineups

What to Know About the Freedom 250 Grand Prix, Trump’s Capital Car Race

What to Know About the Freedom 250 Grand Prix, Trump’s Capital Car Race

Jannik Sinner to Miss US Open Due to Knee Injury

Jannik Sinner to Miss US Open Due to Knee Injury

Entertainment

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy 1

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 2

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 3

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 4

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 5

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 6

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 7

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

Top News

The Pro-Israel Lobby’s Impact on the 2026 US Midterm Elections

The Pro-Israel Lobby’s Impact on the 2026 US Midterm Elections

Elche vs Barcelona: La Liga – Prediction, Team News, and Lineups

Elche vs Barcelona: La Liga – Prediction, Team News, and Lineups

Settlers Target Palestinian Homes in Occupied West Bank’s Area B

Settlers Target Palestinian Homes in Occupied West Bank’s Area B

Are DOGE Cuts Worsening America’s Food Safety Crisis Amid Rising Recalls?

Are DOGE Cuts Worsening America’s Food Safety Crisis Amid Rising Recalls?

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.