Skip to content
August 21, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Israeli suspects to plead to charges of raping of a British woman after defense lawyers get material

Five Israelis accused of gang raping a British woman in a Cyprus hotel room won’t plead to charges including rape, sexual assault and abduction until prosecutors hand over key material including DNA tests, fingerprints and eyewitness testimony, a lawyer said Thursday.

Yannis Habaris, a lawyer representing three of the five Israeli nationals, told The Associated Press that the judge adjourned the trial until Oct. 16 to give the prosecution enough time to give the material to defense lawyers.

Habaris said DNA results, which prosecutors told the court would be ready within 24 hours, are essential in counselling his clients on the best course of action that should be taken for their defense.

He said without that material, which also includes testimony from one witness who was inside the hotel room at the time of the alleged rape, he would not be in a “position to counsel his clients regarding their plea.”

The Israelis will remain in custody in a Paralimni detention center until their next court appearance. Two of the suspects have a new attorney since their original defense counsel is no longer representing them. Many relatives of the suspects, including parents and uncles, were present in the courtroom.

A police investigator said last month that the 20-year-old British woman picked the five Israelis — three aged 19 and two aged 20 — out of a lineup as having raped her during a hotel pool party in the coastal resort town of Ayia Napa.

The woman told police that one of the five men had forcibly taken her to his room after grabbing her hand while she was partying with friends around the pool on Sept. 3.

She said the man tried to remove her bathing suit while she pleaded with him to let her leave. The other suspects then entered the room and one had intercourse with her against her will and another forced her to perform oral sex, while two others held her down on the bed, she said.

She said one suspect also held her against a wall and had intercourse with her.

She said she managed to lock herself in the bathroom and began shouting for help. She was able to flee the room by pushing the suspects aside and rejoined her friends, who went with her to report the incident to police, she said.

Ayia Napa is popular among young tourists from across Europe who enjoy its nightclubs, bars, white-sand beaches and lively nightlife.

 

 

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous A year after Thai day care center massacre, a family copes with their grief
Next Russia has tested a nuclear-powered missile and could revoke a global atomic test ban, Putin says

Related Stories

Deadly Drone Strike Hits Shopping Centre in Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine

Deadly Drone Strike Hits Shopping Centre in Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine

Russian Drone Attack on Kryvyi Rih Shopping Centre Kills 14, Injures Over 120

Russian Drone Attack on Kryvyi Rih Shopping Centre Kills 14, Injures Over 120

Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan Returned to Prison Following Hospital Check-Up Amid Torture Allegations

Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan Returned to Prison Following Hospital Check-Up Amid Torture Allegations

Entertainment

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy 1

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 2

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 3

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 4

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 5

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 6

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 7

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

Top News

Deadly Drone Strike Hits Shopping Centre in Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine

Deadly Drone Strike Hits Shopping Centre in Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine

Russian Drone Attack on Kryvyi Rih Shopping Centre Kills 14, Injures Over 120

Russian Drone Attack on Kryvyi Rih Shopping Centre Kills 14, Injures Over 120

Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan Returned to Prison Following Hospital Check-Up Amid Torture Allegations

Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan Returned to Prison Following Hospital Check-Up Amid Torture Allegations

At Least Three Injured in Sword Attack at Swedish High School in Fagersta

At Least Three Injured in Sword Attack at Swedish High School in Fagersta

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.