Skip to content
August 22, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Young among those with reactions after not getting selected for NBA All-Star Game

Atlanta guard Trae Young doesn’t view not getting picked for the All-Star Game as getting snubbed.

He has a new word.

“It’s getting ‘Traed’ at this point,” he wrote on social media.

Young, the NBA’s assist leader this season and a three-time All-Star selection, obviously wasn’t pleased about not getting picked for the Feb. 16 All-Star event in San Francisco. The league’s coaches pick the reserves for the game, their selections getting revealed on Thursday.

And a few notables didn’t make the cut, including Young and Phoenix’s Devin Booker — a two-time Olympic gold medalist and four-time All-Star.

It is not the first time Booker has been left out when many felt he had All-Star numbers. In recent days, Suns coach Mike Budenholzer also offered a strong pitch for Booker to get an All-Star nod this year.

“Obviously, something that I wanted to be a part of,” Booker said Friday in comments after Phoenix’s shootaround practice before a game at Golden State. “But definitely not going to complain about taking a week to regroup with the family.”

When arguments are made that someone who wasn’t selected should have made an All-Star Game, the inevitable question then becomes asking who made the list and wasn’t worthy of the spot.

“That’s always going to be the conversation every year — who got snubbed, who didn’t,” Booker said Friday. “There’s a lot of people who are deserving.”

Young hasn’t been voted into the game since 2022; he was an injury replacement selected by Commissioner Adam Silver for the All-Star Game last year. Hawks coach Quin Snyder made clear that he believes the players who made the All-Star roster are deserving.

“That also doesn’t preclude me from feeling the way I do about Trae,” Snyder said. “I haven’t coached him for that long, but I feel like he’s had the best year of his career. … No disrespect to anyone that has made it, but as Trae’s coach, I am allowed to feel disappointment for him not making it. And that’s unfortunate.”

Fan voting accounts for 50% of the formula for deciding which players start the game, and Charlotte’s LaMelo Ball was the backcourt player who got the most votes from fans in the Eastern Conference by a wide margin. But he narrowly missed being a starter after finishing third in the East backcourt voting by current players and seventh in the media balloting — then missed out on being a reserve because he didn’t get listed on enough coaches’ ballots.

Ball — averaging 28.2 points this season, fourth-best in the league — is the first player under the current voting format to win the fan vote at his position, but not get picked for the All-Star Game.

“It’s unfortunate,” Hornets coach Charles Lee said. “In my humble opinion, he has been an All-Star. He’s done a great job of just helping this team in a lot of different ways — helping us weather the storm during injuries, helping put us in a situation to be in a lot of these close games that we’ve been in.

“I think his numbers have been phenomenal. His play has been phenomenal. He’s gotten better in a lot of different areas. It’s unfortunate, but I think it’s one of those things where we just keep pressing forward. The votes are in. I know he will use this as continued fuel, as he always is just trying to strive to be the best player he can possibly be.”

About Author

Habib Habib

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Each of the young figure skaters killed in the DC plane crash had a story waiting to be told
Next The ‘Emilia Pérez’ backlash, explained

Related Stories

Elche vs Barcelona: La Liga – Prediction, Team News, and Lineups

Elche vs Barcelona: La Liga – Prediction, Team News, and Lineups

What to Know About the Freedom 250 Grand Prix, Trump’s Capital Car Race

What to Know About the Freedom 250 Grand Prix, Trump’s Capital Car Race

Jannik Sinner to Miss US Open Due to Knee Injury

Jannik Sinner to Miss US Open Due to Knee Injury

Entertainment

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy 1

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 2

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 3

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 4

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 5

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 6

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 7

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

Top News

Canada to Enact Retaliatory Tariffs Against US Starting September 8 Following Imposition of 50% Tariffs on Canadian Goods

Canada to Enact Retaliatory Tariffs Against US Starting September 8 Following Imposition of 50% Tariffs on Canadian Goods

Swedish Police Identify 17-Year-Old Girl as Victim in Brinell School Sword Attack

Swedish Police Identify 17-Year-Old Girl as Victim in Brinell School Sword Attack

Armed Men Kidnap Dozens in Attacks on Nigerian Villages

Armed Men Kidnap Dozens in Attacks on Nigerian Villages

Russian Strikes Kill Seven in Ukraine Amidst Rising Tensions, Ukrainian Drone Hits Krasnodar Region

Russian Strikes Kill Seven in Ukraine Amidst Rising Tensions, Ukrainian Drone Hits Krasnodar Region

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.