Skip to content
August 21, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Neymar tears ACL while playing for Brazil in World Cup qualifying game

Brazil forward Neymar tore his ACL and meniscus while playing in a World Cup qualifying game, his club Al Hilal confirmed Wednesday.

Neymar was in tears after injuring his left knee in the first half of Brazil’s 2-0 loss to Uruguay on Tuesday.

The 31-year-old Neymar will need surgery. Al Hilal did not say how long he is expected to be out, but it can take six months to a year to recover from ACL injuries.

That would likely rule him out for the rest of the season and place doubts over his participation in next year’s Copa America, which starts in June.

Brazil’s all-time leading scorer was on crutches as he left Estadio Centenario in Montevideo. He had clutched his leg in visible pain and was then carted off the field.

Neymar broke Pele’s Brazil scoring record last month with his 78th goal for his country in a World Cup qualifying match against Bolivia. He added his 79th in the same game, which ended in a 5-1 win.

“Brazilian and world soccer need a healthy Neymar, because soccer is happier when he’s on the field,” Brazilian soccer confederation president Ednaldo Rodrigues said.

Neymar joined Al Hilal in August and has endured a slow start, with an injury limiting him to just three appearances in the domestic league and two in the Asian Champions League, in which he has scored one goal.

He moved to Saudi Arabia from Paris Saint-Germain in a deal worth a reported 90 million euros ($98 million).

After Cristiano Ronaldo, who joined Al-Nassr in December, Neymar was arguably the biggest name to be lured to the oil-rich kingdom as it attempts to establish itself as a major force in world soccer. Champions League winners Karim Benzema, Sadio Mane, Riyad Mahrez and N’Golo Kante also joined the Saudi league.

This is the latest serious injury Neymar has suffered.

At the 2014 World Cup, a knee to the back from Colombia defender Juan Zuniga in the quarterfinals ruled him out of the tournament with a fractured vertebra.

In March, his season with PSG ended after he had surgery on his right ankle.

 

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Messi out for Inter Miami’s home finale, says he wants to play Saturday at Charlotte
Next Next Post

Related Stories

What to Know About the Freedom 250 Grand Prix, Trump’s Capital Car Race

What to Know About the Freedom 250 Grand Prix, Trump’s Capital Car Race

Jannik Sinner to Miss US Open Due to Knee Injury

Jannik Sinner to Miss US Open Due to Knee Injury

Harry Kane Clinches Golden Shoe Award for the Second Time

Harry Kane Clinches Golden Shoe Award for the Second Time

Entertainment

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy 1

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 2

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 3

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 4

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 5

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 6

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 7

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

Top News

Ukraine Imposes Sanctions on Popular Russian Cartoon ‘Masha and the Bear’

Ukraine Imposes Sanctions on Popular Russian Cartoon ‘Masha and the Bear’

What to Know About the Freedom 250 Grand Prix, Trump’s Capital Car Race

What to Know About the Freedom 250 Grand Prix, Trump’s Capital Car Race

Jannik Sinner to Miss US Open Due to Knee Injury

Jannik Sinner to Miss US Open Due to Knee Injury

Israeli Settlers Set Fire to Heavy Machinery at West Bank Quarry

Israeli Settlers Set Fire to Heavy Machinery at West Bank Quarry

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.