Skip to content
August 21, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Bengals QB Joe Burrow, now the NFL’s highest-paid player, says contract talks weren’t a distraction

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, in his first comments to reporters since becoming the highest-paid player in the NFL, said contract negotiations weren’t a distraction as he worked to rehab from a training camp injury and then game plan for Sunday’s opener at Cleveland.

“I’ve always been pretty good at compartmentalizing things that are important to me,” the 26-year-old said Saturday at a news conference.

Burrow finalized his contract extension on Thursday before the Bengals’ buses left for Cleveland. While the Bengals didn’t disclose the terms, a person familiar with the deal told The Associated Press that Burrow agreed to a five-year contract worth $275 million, including more than $219 million guaranteed.

“I work really hard to perform well on the field and think a lot about how I handle myself and how I can be the best me for this organization,” he said. “So to be rewarded for it means a lot to me — but (there’s) a lot more to do.”

Burrow, who is beginning his fourth season in the NFL, has reversed the fortunes of the franchise while earning a reputation as a decisive and creative leader with a knack for figuring out how to pick up yards when plays break down. He has led Cincinnati to two straight AFC North titles and a Super Bowl appearance following the 2021 season.

Signing the 2022 Pro Bowler and 2021 AP NFL Comeback Player of the Year to an extension was a goal of the team all summer, and Burrow didn’t waver from his desire to spend the rest of his career in Cincinnati.

“A very well-deserved day for Joe,” Bengals coach Zac Taylor said. “He’s a guy who represented everything we want to be about. It’s on the field as a football player, it’s off the field in the locker room, it’s in the classroom as a student of the game.”

Burrow missed most of training camp with a strained calf muscle but returned to practice last week, and all indications are that he will start Sunday against the Browns.

He said getting the extension done before the opener was important to him, but he didn’t discuss what may have caused any delays.

“We got what we wanted, they got what they wanted, but I’m going to be here for a long time,” he said. “That’s the important thing.”

Burrow said after signing he took a deep breath and celebrated “for about five minutes.”

“You’re the highest-paid (player) for a certain amount of time until the next person breaks it,” he said. “You try to do as good for yourself as you can and then continue about your business. We’re all about winning here.”

Some of Burrow’s teammates said they were glad the issue was finally out of the way.

“I was just kind of relieved because a lot of guys play better and more stress-relieved because you got your back secure, and the organization believes in you and trusts in you, and now you just go out there and cut it loose,” wide receiver Tyler Boyd said.

Center Ted Karras said the offensive linemen were having dinner together Thursday night when word of the extension arrived.

“Really I’m just glad we got it done by Week 1, so we can settle in and not really talk about it anymore and go to Cleveland to win,” Karras said.

For Christmas last year, Burrow gifted his O-line with luxury cruises. Expectations may be greater when the holidays arrive this year.

“I’m sure once Christmastime rolls around, we’ll kind of chide him a little bit,” Karras joked. “But he’s always hooked us up unbelievably, just on his rookie deal. With a max deal, we’ll see what we get.”

 

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous All 4 Grand Slam trophies were at the US Open when Djokovic lost to Medvedev in the 2021 final
Next Zinchenko scores as Ukraine holds England to 1-1 draw in European Championship qualifying

Related Stories

Harry Kane Clinches Golden Shoe Award for the Second Time

Harry Kane Clinches Golden Shoe Award for the Second Time

Jose Mourinho Returns to Real Madrid in Private Ceremony to Begin Second Tenure

Jose Mourinho Returns to Real Madrid in Private Ceremony to Begin Second Tenure

Cameroon Clinches First-Ever WAFCON Title with a 3-0 Victory Over Malawi

Cameroon Clinches First-Ever WAFCON Title with a 3-0 Victory Over Malawi

Entertainment

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy 1

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 2

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 3

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 4

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 5

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 6

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 7

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

Top News

China Rejects US Claims Over Detention of Myanmar Analyst Min Zin

China Rejects US Claims Over Detention of Myanmar Analyst Min Zin

Hong Kong’s Tiananmen Vigil Organisers Face Imprisonment Amid Calls for Immediate Release by Amnesty International

Hong Kong’s Tiananmen Vigil Organisers Face Imprisonment Amid Calls for Immediate Release by Amnesty International

Israeli Soldiers Throw Belongings from Besieged Palestinian Home in Qusra

Israeli Soldiers Throw Belongings from Besieged Palestinian Home in Qusra

El Niño Set to Become Most Intense in Over a Century, Warn UK Forecasters

El Niño Set to Become Most Intense in Over a Century, Warn UK Forecasters

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.