Skip to content
September 1, 2025
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • PODCAST
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

A suspect in the killings of four people is found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say

A suspect in Tennessee died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound while on the run Sunday after a series of shootings that killed four of his female relatives and seriously injured a fifth person, police said.

Officers found the body of Mavis Christian Jr., 52, in his car during a manhunt following shootings at three locations in Memphis that left three women and a teenage girl dead and a teenage girl critically wounded, the Memphis Police Department said.

Police said Christian was related to the victims but could not immediately specify how they were related. The names of the victims have not yet been released.

“We are deeply saddened by the tragic and senseless shootings on Saturday … resulting in the deaths of four innocent family members and a fifth victim critically injured,” the police department said in a statement posted on social media. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their loved ones as our community grieves more lives taken by domestic violence.”

Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn “CJ” Davis said that “incidents like these shake us all to our core.”

The suspect’s uncle, Melvin Christian, said he didn’t know what might have triggered the violence.

“I hadn’t seen him in years,” Melvin Christian said when reached by phone Sunday.

He said he didn’t know any details about the shootings, including who had been shot. When told that four people had died, he replied, “Oh Lord.”

Memphis police officers responded to a reported shooting at 9:22 p.m. Saturday on the 100 Block of Howard Drive. Police found a woman with an apparent gunshot wound who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Investigators determined there were two other connected fatal shootings. At Field Lark Drive, a woman and a 13-year-old girl were killed and a 15-year-old girl was critically wounded. Another woman was found fatally shot on Warrington Road, Memphis Police Officer Christopher Williams said earlier.

Police believed Mavis Christian Jr. was responsible for the shootings and began a search involving local, state and federal law enforcement agencies until his body was found.

His criminal record stretched back to a 1996 aggravated assault charge, the Commercial Appeal reported, citing court records. He also faced charges of felony domestic violence, aggravated assault, theft and vandalism in 2018, the newspaper also reported.

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Alabama police chief says department policies violated in fatal shooting of Black man outside home
Next Los Angeles freeway is fully reopened after arson fire, just in time for Monday morning’s rush hour

Related Stories

Powerball jackpot grows to $1.1 billion after Saturday drawing ends without a winner

Powerball jackpot grows to $1.1 billion after Saturday drawing ends without a winner

Chicago mayor defies Trump’s immigration crackdown plan for the city

Chicago mayor defies Trump’s immigration crackdown plan for the city

Drones blasting AC/DC and Scarlett Johansson are helping biologists protect cattle from wolves

Drones blasting AC/DC and Scarlett Johansson are helping biologists protect cattle from wolves

Entertainment

Lady Gaga will perform during the MTV Video Music Awards. Here’s everything to know about the show 1

Lady Gaga will perform during the MTV Video Music Awards. Here’s everything to know about the show

Julia Roberts’ ‘After the Hunt’ stirs #MeToo debate at Venice Film Festival 2

Julia Roberts’ ‘After the Hunt’ stirs #MeToo debate at Venice Film Festival

Rodion Shchedrin, the celebrated Russian composer, has died at age 92 3

Rodion Shchedrin, the celebrated Russian composer, has died at age 92

James Cameron on two decades of making ‘Avatar’ and the future he sees for movies 4

James Cameron on two decades of making ‘Avatar’ and the future he sees for movies

Katy Perry testifies that she’s seeking ‘justice’ at trial over $15 million mansion 5

Katy Perry testifies that she’s seeking ‘justice’ at trial over $15 million mansion

Lil Nas X charged with attacking police officers as he walked naked on Los Angeles street 6

Lil Nas X charged with attacking police officers as he walked naked on Los Angeles street

Pennsylvania’s Chautauqua is a summertime haven for lifelong learners 7

Pennsylvania’s Chautauqua is a summertime haven for lifelong learners

Top News

Full of expectations, Arch Manning struggles as top-ranked Texas falls at No. 3 Ohio State

Full of expectations, Arch Manning struggles as top-ranked Texas falls at No. 3 Ohio State

Medvedev splits with longtime coach after US Open meltdown

Medvedev splits with longtime coach after US Open meltdown

Paid leaves of Guardians pitchers Clase and Ortiz extended as MLB continues gambling investigation

Paid leaves of Guardians pitchers Clase and Ortiz extended as MLB continues gambling investigation

Flotilla leaves Barcelona in biggest attempt yet to break Israeli blockade of Gaza

Flotilla leaves Barcelona in biggest attempt yet to break Israeli blockade of Gaza

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.