Skip to content
August 20, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

NATO member Romania confirms third drone fragments findings near its border with Ukraine

NATO member Romania found new fragments of a drone deemed similar to those used by the Russian army near its border with war-torn Ukraine on Wednesday, in the third such finding in a week, defense officials said.

Two helicopters from the Romanian Air Force were deployed with specialist teams to Nufaru and Victoria in the eastern county of Tulcea where the fragments were spread over an area of “several tens of meters,” the Ministry of National Defense said in a statement.

It said in a separate statement that it has notified the General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations about areas near the border that could be at risk of incidents as Russian forces attack Ukraine’s Danube River ports across the river from Romania.

Emergency authorities have received phone calls “about possible cases of drone impacts” between three localities, including Nufaru, the ministry said. It later confirmed that samples collected from the site are similar to those used by the Russian army and that experts are continuing to establish the circumstances of the incident.

Romania’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said after Wednesday’s drone findings that it “reiterates its firm protest against the violation, once again, of Romania’s airspace” and that it will summon the head of Russia’s diplomatic mission.

Wednesday’s findings are the third such discovery on Romanian soil since last Thursday. They come during sustained attacks by Russian forces on Ukraine’s Danube ports as Moscow aims to disrupt Ukraine’s ability to export grain to world markets.

While it’s unclear whether Romania has determined where or when the drones were launched, Romanian President Klaus Iohannis said of drone fragment findings on Saturday that they were “similar to those used by the Russian army.”

Iohannis said it indicated there has been “an absolutely unacceptable violation of the sovereign airspace of Romania, a NATO ally, with real risks to the security of Romanian citizens in the area.”

Asked about the previous drone fragment findings, Romanian Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu said on Wednesday that “No one attacked us and no one is attacking us.”

“Some remains jumped from a drone that was hit by the Ukrainian army. It didn’t have explosives, it didn’t have anything that could harm the citizens,” he said.

Last week, Romania’s National Committee for Emergency Situations approved measures allowing authorities to issue localized text message alerts or sound alarms to warn inhabitants “adjacent to the conflict areas” in Ukraine of incidents or potential incidents.

In the Danube localities of Plauru, Ceatalchioi and some other areas, Romania’s defense ministry will construct “protective spaces” for residents.

___

McGrath reported from Sighisoara, Romania.

 

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Sri Lanka deploys troops as the railway workers’ strike worsens
Next Japanese boy-band production company sets up panel to compensate sexual assault victims

Related Stories

Pakistan’s Former PM Imran Khan Moved From Jail to Hospital

Pakistan’s Former PM Imran Khan Moved From Jail to Hospital

Landslide at Illegal Gold Mine in Colombia Results in 13 Deaths

Landslide at Illegal Gold Mine in Colombia Results in 13 Deaths

US Imposes New Sanctions on Cuba Targeting Mining and Construction Sectors

US Imposes New Sanctions on Cuba Targeting Mining and Construction Sectors

Entertainment

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy 1

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 2

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 3

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 4

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 5

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 6

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 7

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

Top News

Pakistan’s Former PM Imran Khan Moved From Jail to Hospital

Pakistan’s Former PM Imran Khan Moved From Jail to Hospital

Landslide at Illegal Gold Mine in Colombia Results in 13 Deaths

Landslide at Illegal Gold Mine in Colombia Results in 13 Deaths

US Imposes New Sanctions on Cuba Targeting Mining and Construction Sectors

US Imposes New Sanctions on Cuba Targeting Mining and Construction Sectors

DR Congo to Receive 70,000 Doses of Ervebo Vaccine Amid Surge in Ebola Infections

DR Congo to Receive 70,000 Doses of Ervebo Vaccine Amid Surge in Ebola Infections

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.