Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Commission investigating Lewiston mass shooting seeks to subpoena shooter’s military records

An independent commission investigating the mass shooting that killed 18 people in Maine last month moved Monday to seek subpoena power so it can obtain the military service records of the shooter.

Democratic Gov. Janet Mills and Attorney General Aaron Frey have tasked the commission with performing a review of the events leading up to the Lewiston shootings and the response to it. Army reservist Robert Card, 40, killed 18 people in a bowling alley and a restaurant on Oct. 25 before dying of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

The commission held its first meeting on Monday and members unanimously voted to request subpoena power from the Maine Legislature.

“We will be seeking military records, and those might not be accessible to us without subpoena power,” said Toby Dilworth, a former assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Maine and a commission member. “It’s essential that we have this subpoena power.”

The commission is chaired by Daniel Wathen, former chief justice of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court. Other members include Debra Baeder, the former chief forensic psychologist for the state, and Paula Silsby, a former U.S. attorney for the District of Maine.

The panel is expected to investigate potential missed opportunities to prevent the shootings. Card was well known to law enforcement and fellow service members had raised flags about his behavior, mental health state and potential for violence before the shootings. Card spent two weeks in a psychiatric hospital in New York last summer after an altercation with other reserve members.

Mills and Frey swiftly released a statement that they supported the move to use subpoena power. Mills, who created the commission via executive order, has called on the commission to follow the facts of the case and keep them as transparent to the public as possible.

Mills and Frey said in their statement they would “immediately begin consulting with the Independent Commission and legislative leadership to prepare legislation granting the commission the power of subpoena, with the goal of having that legislation prepared for the Legislature’s consideration at the beginning of the next session.”

The commission will meet again on Dec. 14, Wathen said. He said his goal was for the commission to produce a written report within six months, which was a timeline he called “a very ambitious goal, but highly desirable for obvious reasons.”

The commission also took comments from the public on Monday. Rep. Suzanne Salisbury, a Westbrook Democrat, called on the commission to collaborate with law enforcement as it performs its review.

“I hope that law enforcement’s voice can be heard and used as the experts they are,” Salisbury said.

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Second suspect arrested in Morgan State University shooting
Next Las Vegas union hotel workers ratify Caesars contract

Related Stories

Trump Suffers Second Supreme Court Defeat in E Jean Carroll Sex Abuse Case

Trump Suffers Second Supreme Court Defeat in E Jean Carroll Sex Abuse Case

Trump Expresses Doubts Over Iran Reaching Desired Deal

Trump Expresses Doubts Over Iran Reaching Desired Deal

CAIR Criticizes Abbott’s Stance on Texas Airport Wudu Stations as an ‘Anti-Muslim Stunt’

CAIR Criticizes Abbott’s Stance on Texas Airport Wudu Stations as an ‘Anti-Muslim Stunt’

Entertainment

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 1

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 2

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 3

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

South Koreans Beat the Heat with ‘Silent Disco’ Pool Party During Record Heat Wave 4

South Koreans Beat the Heat with ‘Silent Disco’ Pool Party During Record Heat Wave

The Concentration of Media Ownership in America: Six Giants Control 90% of the Market 5

The Concentration of Media Ownership in America: Six Giants Control 90% of the Market

The Tragic Death of Mexican TikToker Cesar Gastelum During Livestream 6

The Tragic Death of Mexican TikToker Cesar Gastelum During Livestream

Ariana Grande’s new video sets off talk about body and beauty standards — again 7

Ariana Grande’s new video sets off talk about body and beauty standards — again

Top News

Civilians Paying Price as Israeli Military Raises Stakes in Lebanon: UNIFIL

Civilians Paying Price as Israeli Military Raises Stakes in Lebanon: UNIFIL

Palestinian American Reunites with Family Under Siege in West Bank

Palestinian American Reunites with Family Under Siege in West Bank

Torrential Rains Flood Homes and Roads Across Lima, Peru

Torrential Rains Flood Homes and Roads Across Lima, Peru

Trump Suffers Second Supreme Court Defeat in E Jean Carroll Sex Abuse Case

Trump Suffers Second Supreme Court Defeat in E Jean Carroll Sex Abuse Case

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.