Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

City of Orlando buys Pulse nightclub property to build memorial to massacre victims

The city of Orlando is moving forward with plans to create a memorial on the property of the Pulse nightclub, where 49 people were massacred seven years ago.

City leaders agreed Monday night to purchase the property for $2 million. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said they plan a collaborative approach, working with families of the victims to create the memorial.

On June 12, 2016, Omar Mateen opened fire in the gay nightclub, killing 49 and wounding another 53 people. At the time, it was the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history. But that number was surpassed the following year when 58 people were killed and more than 850 were injured among a crowd of 22,000 at a country music festival in Las Vegas.

A SWAT team killed Mateen, who had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group, following a standoff.

Plans to build the memorial had been in the works for years, but the nonprofit onePulse Foundation announced earlier this year that it was scaling back plans for a $100 million memorial following fundraising challenges.

The building still stands, surrounded by a temporary display that honors the victims.

“We look forward to being a part of the discussion with the City of Orlando as this moves forward,” a statement from the onePulse Foundation said.

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Lawsuit accuses city of Minneapolis of inequitable housing code enforcement practices
Next Senate panel OKs Lew to be ambassador to Israel, and a final confirmation vote could come next week

Related Stories

Why Extreme Heat is Much More Dangerous for the Elderly Than Previously Realized

Why Extreme Heat is Much More Dangerous for the Elderly Than Previously Realized

Seven Decades of US Regime Change Efforts: Analyzing the Impact

Seven Decades of US Regime Change Efforts: Analyzing the Impact

Palestinian Refugee and Two Relatives Drown off English Coast in Tragic Incident

Palestinian Refugee and Two Relatives Drown off English Coast in Tragic Incident

Entertainment

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 1

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 2

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 3

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 4

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 5

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 6

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

South Koreans Beat the Heat with ‘Silent Disco’ Pool Party During Record Heat Wave 7

South Koreans Beat the Heat with ‘Silent Disco’ Pool Party During Record Heat Wave

Top News

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

Hamas Condemns ‘New War Crime’ as Israeli Air Strikes Kill 10 in Gaza Hubs

Hamas Condemns ‘New War Crime’ as Israeli Air Strikes Kill 10 in Gaza Hubs

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.