Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Kentucky’s chief justice decides not to seek reelection in 2024

Kentucky Chief Justice Laurance B. VanMeter announced Tuesday that he will not seek reelection for another term on the state Supreme Court in 2024, setting the stage for another transition at the top of the state’s judicial system at the end of next year.

VanMeter assumed the role of chief justice at the start of this year, succeeding longtime Chief Justice John D. Minton Jr., who decided not to seek reelection in 2022. VanMeter was chosen by his colleagues on the seven-member court for the role of chief justice. He will continue as the state’s chief justice for the remainder of his term.

VanMeter won election to the state’s highest court in 2016. He didn’t offer any specifics Tuesday about why he opted not to seek another eight-year term. He represents a central Kentucky district that includes Bourbon, Clark, Fayette, Franklin, Jessamine, Madison, Scott and Woodford counties.

“The greatest privileges of my professional life have been to serve the people of central Kentucky as their justice on the court for the past seven years, and to have been elected by my colleagues as chief justice,” he said in a news release. “However, the time is right for me to begin a new chapter and turn the reins over to someone else.”

VanMeter said he timed his announcement so that “any qualified judges and lawyers” can decide whether they want to launch a campaign for his seat in next year’s election.

VanMeter’s career on the bench spans nearly 30 years, having served at all four levels of Kentucky’s judiciary — as a district and circuit judge in Fayette County, as well as on the state Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court. He became just the third person to have held office at all four levels and is the only one of those to have served as chief justice, according to the state Administrative Office of the Courts.

As for the remainder of his own Supreme Court term, VanMeter said: “I will honor the trust reposed on me by finishing this term dedicated fully to the judicial process for the people of Kentucky.”

VanMeter’s Supreme Court district is the only one scheduled to have an election in 2024.

 

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous California lawmakers vote to end travel ban to states with anti-LGBTQ+ laws
Next Montana man who was mauled by a grizzly bear is doing well but has long recovery ahead, family says

Related Stories

Why Extreme Heat is Much More Dangerous for the Elderly Than Previously Realized

Why Extreme Heat is Much More Dangerous for the Elderly Than Previously Realized

Seven Decades of US Regime Change Efforts: Analyzing the Impact

Seven Decades of US Regime Change Efforts: Analyzing the Impact

Palestinian Refugee and Two Relatives Drown off English Coast in Tragic Incident

Palestinian Refugee and Two Relatives Drown off English Coast in Tragic Incident

Entertainment

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 1

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 2

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 3

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 4

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 5

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 6

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

South Koreans Beat the Heat with ‘Silent Disco’ Pool Party During Record Heat Wave 7

South Koreans Beat the Heat with ‘Silent Disco’ Pool Party During Record Heat Wave

Top News

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

Why Extreme Heat is Much More Dangerous for the Elderly Than Previously Realized

Why Extreme Heat is Much More Dangerous for the Elderly Than Previously Realized

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.