Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Trial date set for former Louisiana police officer involved in deadly crash during pursuit

A trial date has been set for a former Louisiana police officer accused of crashing into a vehicle, killing two teenage girls and injuring a third person during a high-speed chase on New Year’s Eve in Brusly.

The trial for David Cauthron, 42, has been set for March 18, 2024, WAFB-TV reported. Cauthron, who worked for the police department in Addis, is charged with two counts of manslaughter and one count each of aggravated obstruction of a highway, negligent injury, malfeasance in office and reckless operation of a vehicle.

The chase began in Baton Rouge when the 24-year-old suspect stole a car after breaking into a home and taking the keys, police said. During the chase through multiple parishes, the suspect ran red lights and reached speeds of 110 mph (177 kph), according to police documents.

As police chased the man across the Mississippi River through the West Baton Rouge Parish town of Brusly, Cauthron’s police cruiser crashed into a vehicle, killing Maggie Dunn, 17, and Caroline Gill, 16, The Advocate reported. A third person in the car was critically injured.

The man drove the stolen car back across the Mississippi River and was apprehended when the vehicle stalled. He was charged with two counts of manslaughter, as well as home invasion, theft of a vehicle and aggravated flight, police said.

Cauthron submitted a letter of resignation from the police force on Jan. 9. The Addis Town Council voted to accept his resignation on Feb. 1.

 

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque
Next A man convicted of murder in Massachusetts in 1993 is getting a new trial due to DNA evidence

Related Stories

Why Extreme Heat is Much More Dangerous for the Elderly Than Previously Realized

Why Extreme Heat is Much More Dangerous for the Elderly Than Previously Realized

Seven Decades of US Regime Change Efforts: Analyzing the Impact

Seven Decades of US Regime Change Efforts: Analyzing the Impact

Palestinian Refugee and Two Relatives Drown off English Coast in Tragic Incident

Palestinian Refugee and Two Relatives Drown off English Coast in Tragic Incident

Entertainment

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 1

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 2

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 3

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 4

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 5

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 6

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

South Koreans Beat the Heat with ‘Silent Disco’ Pool Party During Record Heat Wave 7

South Koreans Beat the Heat with ‘Silent Disco’ Pool Party During Record Heat Wave

Top News

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

Hamas Condemns ‘New War Crime’ as Israeli Air Strikes Kill 10 in Gaza Hubs

Hamas Condemns ‘New War Crime’ as Israeli Air Strikes Kill 10 in Gaza Hubs

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.