Skip to content
August 20, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • Urban Cultural Programs
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Spain coach De la Fuente says Argentina’s conduct after World Cup final was ‘unacceptable’

GENEVA — As FIFA investigates Argentina’s conduct after the World Cup final, Spain coach Luis de la Fuente has described the incidents as “intolerable and unacceptable.”

FIFA asked one of its disciplinary prosecutors Monday to report back on testy on-field confrontations after Spain’s 1-0 win in extra time Sunday to dethrone the defending champion.

Argentina midfielder Leandro Paredes physically tangled with Spain players Eric Garcia and Gavi, and Spain captain Rodri was hit in the stomach as he ran past Argentina defender Nahuel Molina.

“It cannot be allowed,” De la Fuente told Spanish public broadcaster TVE on Thursday, adding he did not see the incidents at the time while “celebrating with other people.”

“In any case, I find it intolerable and unacceptable from players of that caliber, whom I had been praising in the days before and who have a magnificent coach,” the Spain coach said.

FIFA has given no details of the remit for its investigator, or if witness statements could be sought from Spain players and staff.

Argentina assistant coach Roberto Ayala apologized Wednesday for his confrontation with Dani Olmo, which he described as a shove and not a punch.

Coach praises Spain’s restraint

De la Fuente praised his players in the TVE interview for how they handled the situation at MetLife Stadium.

“I want to highlight our behavior in the face of that kind of aggression and provocation,” the coach said. “Our players always kept their composure and behaved like true professionals.”

The Spain squad stood in a guard of honor for Argentina players walking to the podium to get their medals from U.S. President Donald Trump. Minutes later, when Rodri lifted the trophy, most of the Argentina squad turned their backs on the ceremonial moment.

Unclear timetable for FIFA action

FIFA disciplinary rules allow a special prosecutor to “request the opening of disciplinary proceedings and propose that disciplinary measures be imposed on member associations, clubs and individuals.”

FIFA gave no timetable for any cases, and it is unclear when any potential bans for Argentina players would apply as the team does not have competitive games scheduled in the coming months.

About Author

Habib Habib

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Trump approves nuclear agreement that may allow Saudi Arabia to enrich uranium, 2 AP sources say
Next Singer Chris Brown pleads guilty over bottle attack at a London nightclub

Related Stories

Harry Kane Clinches Golden Shoe Award for the Second Time

Harry Kane Clinches Golden Shoe Award for the Second Time

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

US War on Iran Puts Cambodian Children’s Education at Risk

Entertainment

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy 1

Kennedy Center Board Delays Restoration of Trump’s Name Amid Court Order Controversy

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star 2

Angelique Kidjo Makes History with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death 3

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Begins Thirty Years After His Death

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins 4

‘Truth or fiction’: US trial of Tupac Shakur’s accused killer begins

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death 5

The Trial of Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis: Three Decades Since Tupac Shakur’s Death

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations 6

Kennedy Center Votes to Restore Trump’s Name to Venue While Planning Extensive Renovations

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored 7

Eurovision to Ban Countries at War from Hosting Contest: Implications Explored

Top News

Deadly Russian Missile Barrage Hits Kyiv in Hours-Long Overnight Attack

Deadly Russian Missile Barrage Hits Kyiv in Hours-Long Overnight Attack

USS Washington Arrives in Arabian Sea Amid Controversy Over USS Lincoln’s Conditions

USS Washington Arrives in Arabian Sea Amid Controversy Over USS Lincoln’s Conditions

Can the US and Middle Eastern Powers Unite Libya 15 Years After Gaddafi’s Overthrow?

Can the US and Middle Eastern Powers Unite Libya 15 Years After Gaddafi’s Overthrow?

Gunmen Seize Tanker Off Yemen Amid Resurgence of Somali Piracy

Gunmen Seize Tanker Off Yemen Amid Resurgence of Somali Piracy

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.