Skip to content
May 22, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Hamas says it will free 6 living hostages and hand over four bodies, accelerating Gaza releases

CAIRO  — A top Hamas leader says the militant group will release six living Israeli hostages on Saturday and the bodies of four others on Thursday, a surprise increase that apparently comes in return for Israel allowing mobile homes and construction equipment into the devastated Gaza Strip.

The six are the last living hostages set to be freed under the ceasefire’s first phase. The warring sides have yet to negotiate the second and more difficult phase, in which Hamas says it will release dozens more hostages in exchange for a lasting ceasefire and an Israeli withdrawal.

Hamas leader Khalil al-Hayya, in prerecorded remarks, said the “Bibas family” would be included in the handover of four bodies, apparently referring to Shiri Bibas and her two young sons, Ariel and Kfir, who for many Israelis embody the captives’ plight.

Israel has not confirmed their deaths, and the prime minister’s office urged the public not to distribute “photos, names and rumors.”

Israel has said it was gravely concerned about the Bibas family, while Hamas said they were killed in an Israeli airstrike early in the war. Yarden Bibas, the husband and father, was kidnapped separately and released this month.

Kfir, who was 9 months old at the time, was the youngest hostage taken in Hamas’ Oct. 7, 2023, attack that triggered the war. A video of the abduction showed Shiri swaddling her redheaded boys in a blanket and being whisked away by armed men.

An Israeli official, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with regulations, said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had agreed to allow long-requested mobile homes and construction equipment into Gaza as part of efforts to accelerate the hostages’ release.

Hamas last week threatened to hold up releases, citing the refusal to allow in mobile homes and heavy equipment among other alleged violations of the truce.

Israel is expected to continue releasing hundreds of Palestinian prisoners, including many serving life sentences for deadly attacks, in exchange for the hostages. Others were detained without charge. During the first phase, Israel is also due to release all women and children seized from Gaza since the war began.

Palestinians want to stay in their homeland

The ceasefire that began in mid-January has paused the deadliest fighting ever between Israel and Hamas, surged aid into devastated Gaza and allowed hundreds of thousands of Palestinians to return to their homes as Israeli forces withdrew from much of the territory.

Israelis and Palestinians marked 500 days of war on Monday.

Major challenges are ahead. Israel’s government says it wants to eliminate Hamas’ military and governing capabilities in Gaza. But the militant group quickly reasserted its control of the territory during the ceasefire despite losing leaders and many fighters.

In addition, U.S. President Donald Trump ’s proposal to permanently remove Gaza’s population of some 2 million Palestinians so the U.S. can redevelop the territory has been rejected by the Arab world and by the Palestinians, who say they want to stay in their homeland. Egypt is working on a counter-plan to rebuild without moving Palestinians.

Israel has embraced the plan, and it and the Trump administration have emphasized they share the same goals in the war.

Israelis were horrified by the sight of three emaciated hostages in an earlier release this month, and revelations about hostages being held alone, barefoot or in chains have increased the pressure on Netanyahu’s government to push ahead with the ceasefire’s next phase. A number of Palestinians released from Israeli prisons have shown emaciation, and some have reported abuses including beatings.

About Author

Habib Habib

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Trump 2.0 and Bangladesh: Navigating a turbulent global trade landscape
Next A deeper look at the talks between US and Russian officials as Trump suggests Ukraine is to blame

Related Stories

Russia Condemns Ukraine Attack on Occupied Luhansk as a ‘Monstrous Crime’

Russia Condemns Ukraine Attack on Occupied Luhansk as a ‘Monstrous Crime’

Senegal PM Criticizes Western ‘Homosexual Tyranny’ and Defends LGBTQ Crackdown

Senegal PM Criticizes Western ‘Homosexual Tyranny’ and Defends LGBTQ Crackdown

Israeli Attacks in Lebanon Result in Numerous Deaths, Target Health Workers Amid Ongoing Conflict

Israeli Attacks in Lebanon Result in Numerous Deaths, Target Health Workers Amid Ongoing Conflict

Entertainment

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’ 1

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final 2

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption 3

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01 4

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views 5

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade 6

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary 7

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary

Top News

Russia Condemns Ukraine Attack on Occupied Luhansk as a ‘Monstrous Crime’

Russia Condemns Ukraine Attack on Occupied Luhansk as a ‘Monstrous Crime’

Senegal PM Criticizes Western ‘Homosexual Tyranny’ and Defends LGBTQ Crackdown

Senegal PM Criticizes Western ‘Homosexual Tyranny’ and Defends LGBTQ Crackdown

Israeli Attacks in Lebanon Result in Numerous Deaths, Target Health Workers Amid Ongoing Conflict

Israeli Attacks in Lebanon Result in Numerous Deaths, Target Health Workers Amid Ongoing Conflict

South Korean Activists Smash Starbucks Cups to Protest ‘Tank Day’ Campaign

South Korean Activists Smash Starbucks Cups to Protest ‘Tank Day’ Campaign

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.