Skip to content
August 31, 2025
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • PODCAST
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

California student charged with attempted murder in suspected plan to carry out high school shooting

VICTORVILLE, Calif. — An 18-year-old high school student has been arrested and charged after investigators discovered he was planning a school shooting in Southern California and researched police response times.

Sebastian Villasenor, of Eastvale, California, was charged Wednesday with multiple felony counts related to a planned attack on Ontario Christian High School in Ontario, California, a city about 46 miles east of Los Angeles, according to the San Bernardino County District Attorney‘s Office. The charges include five counts of attempted murder and one count of attempting to make criminal threats.

Villasenor was arrested on Feb. 10 after a classmate reported that the teen “had been showing signs of being fixated on school shootings and had access to weapons,” Ontario Police Chief Michael Lorenz said at a news conference Wednesday.

“Thanks to the swift and thorough response of the Ontario Police Department, and the bravery of the student who voiced concerns, tragedy was avoided and potentially lives were saved,” the San Bernardino County District Attorney‘s Office said in a news release.

Police chief: Student ‘obsessed with our response times’

Investigators found that Villasenor, who has no prior criminal record, “had every intention of carrying out a school shooting at the Ontario Christian High School,” according to Lorenz.

Lorenz added that the teen was “obsessed” with school shootings and police response times. He also researched tactical supplies and was in the process of choosing a date for his attack.

“He was so obsessed with our response times that he Google mapped how far it would be from the Ontario Police Department for our response time to the school,” Lorenz said.

Investigators believe Villasenor may have been planning a shooting around April 20, which is the anniversary of the 1999 attack at Columbine High School in Colorado that left 15 people dead, including the two shooters.

Investigators discovered arsenal of weapons in teen’s home

While searching Villasenor’s home, Lorenz said authorities collected “numerous weapons,” including seven rifles, two revolvers, a handgun, and a shotgun along with more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

Although Villasenor didn’t have a “hit list,” Lorenz said further investigation led police to believe that he was focusing on five students as intended victims and “contemplated” a sixth victim, based on interviews regarding his social interactions with the students.

All the victims were students at Ontario Christian High School, according to Lorenz.

Investigators determined that Villasenor wasn’t “bullied or harassed” but had difficulties “forming relationships with other students and in his social interactions.” Villasenor is in custody at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga.

He is ineligible for bail, sheriff’s records show. He was arraigned Thursday and pleaded not guilty to all charges, according to the district attorney’s office.

About Author

Habib Habib

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Israeli forces storm the main hospital in southern Gaza, saying hostages were likely held there
Next Musk pushes forward on transfer of legal home for SpaceX from Delaware, to Texas

Related Stories

Oil company Phillips 66 faces federal charges related to alleged Clean Water Act violations

Oil company Phillips 66 faces federal charges related to alleged Clean Water Act violations

Man kills entire family, then himself over belief he was taken out of late mother’s will: Police

Man kills entire family, then himself over belief he was taken out of late mother’s will: Police

California has just approved a new blueprint for offshore wind. The massive projects will cost billions

California has just approved a new blueprint for offshore wind. The massive projects will cost billions

Entertainment

Lady Gaga will perform during the MTV Video Music Awards. Here’s everything to know about the show 1

Lady Gaga will perform during the MTV Video Music Awards. Here’s everything to know about the show

Julia Roberts’ ‘After the Hunt’ stirs #MeToo debate at Venice Film Festival 2

Julia Roberts’ ‘After the Hunt’ stirs #MeToo debate at Venice Film Festival

Rodion Shchedrin, the celebrated Russian composer, has died at age 92 3

Rodion Shchedrin, the celebrated Russian composer, has died at age 92

James Cameron on two decades of making ‘Avatar’ and the future he sees for movies 4

James Cameron on two decades of making ‘Avatar’ and the future he sees for movies

Katy Perry testifies that she’s seeking ‘justice’ at trial over $15 million mansion 5

Katy Perry testifies that she’s seeking ‘justice’ at trial over $15 million mansion

Lil Nas X charged with attacking police officers as he walked naked on Los Angeles street 6

Lil Nas X charged with attacking police officers as he walked naked on Los Angeles street

Pennsylvania’s Chautauqua is a summertime haven for lifelong learners 7

Pennsylvania’s Chautauqua is a summertime haven for lifelong learners

Top News

In Boko Haram’s birthplace, USAID’s collapse threatens a school for victims of extremism

In Boko Haram’s birthplace, USAID’s collapse threatens a school for victims of extremism

Micah Parsons relishes fresh start in Green Bay after enduring ‘hardest four months of my life’

Micah Parsons relishes fresh start in Green Bay after enduring ‘hardest four months of my life’

Julia Roberts’ ‘After the Hunt’ stirs #MeToo debate at Venice Film Festival

Julia Roberts’ ‘After the Hunt’ stirs #MeToo debate at Venice Film Festival

Lady Gaga will perform during the MTV Video Music Awards. Here’s everything to know about the show

Lady Gaga will perform during the MTV Video Music Awards. Here’s everything to know about the show

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.