Skip to content
May 22, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

D-backs acquire 3B Eugenio Suárez from Mariners in exchange for two players

The Arizona Diamondbacks acquired slugger Eugenio Suárez on Wednesday from the Seattle Mariners for reliever Carlos Vargas and catcher Seby Zavala.

The 32-year-old Suárez was a 2018 All-Star for the Cincinnati Reds and has been a consistent power hitter for the past decade, slugging 246 homers since 2012. He fills a need for the D-backs at third base, which was manned mostly by Evan Longoria and Emmanuel Rivera last season.

Suárez also provides another power bat for the reigning NL champions. He hit .232 with 22 homers and 96 RBIs for the Mariners last season, playing third base and designated hitter.

Suárez is due $11 million for next year as part of deal that includes a $15 million option for 2025 with a $2 million buyout.

“It adds a little bit of stability at that spot,” Diamondbacks GM Mike Hazen said. “He’s a guy we’ve liked for a long time.”

Vargas is a 24-year-old right-hander who made his big league debut with the Diamondbacks this season, throwing in five games. The 30-year-old Zavala has been a backup catcher for the Chicago White Sox and the Diamondbacks over the past three seasons.

Jerry Dipoto, president of baseball operations for the Mariners, said the club envisions Zavala as the backup to Cal Raleigh entering the season.

“Adding Seby and Carlos is another step toward building the type of deep roster that is required at the major league level,” Dipoto said. “Seby is an experienced catcher with excellent defensive skills who will team with Cal behind the plate. And Carlos is a young reliever with the type of ‘big stuff’ that our staff has done a wonderful job developing over the years.”

Moving on from Suárez will be hard to sell to a fan base full of skepticism about the direction of the club after Seattle missed the playoffs and Dipoto’s misstep with some of his postseason comments. From the outside, it appears to be a move to clear salary, erases a key leader from Seattle’s clubhouse and leaves a hole at third base.

But Dipoto said earlier this offseason that Seattle wanted to cut down on its strikeouts at the plate, especially from the right side. It was part of the reason Teoscar Hernández was not made a qualifying offer by the team. While Suárez provided power, he also struck out an American League-high 214 times.

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous Clayton scores 28 and Florida gradually distances itself from Pitt for 86-71 win
Next Eichel scores in OT to give Vegas a 2-1 win over the Stars in Western Conference final rematch

Related Stories

British Climber Kenton Cool Sets Record with 20th Everest Summit

British Climber Kenton Cool Sets Record with 20th Everest Summit

NYC Launches Lottery for $50 World Cup Football Tickets

NYC Launches Lottery for $50 World Cup Football Tickets

Iran’s World Cup Aspirations Face Challenges Amid US Visa Issues

Iran’s World Cup Aspirations Face Challenges Amid US Visa Issues

Entertainment

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’ 1

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final 2

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption 3

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01 4

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views 5

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade 6

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary 7

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary

Top News

Western Nations Urge Israel to Halt Illegal Settlement Expansion and Violence

Western Nations Urge Israel to Halt Illegal Settlement Expansion and Violence

Economic Confidence in the US Dips to Lowest Since 2022 Amid Rising Petrol Prices and Iran Tensions

Economic Confidence in the US Dips to Lowest Since 2022 Amid Rising Petrol Prices and Iran Tensions

WHO Elevates Ebola Public Health Risk to ‘Very High’ in DR Congo Amidst Outbreak in Ituri Province

WHO Elevates Ebola Public Health Risk to ‘Very High’ in DR Congo Amidst Outbreak in Ituri Province

Turkey Shutters Liberal Istanbul University Amid Criminal Investigation

Turkey Shutters Liberal Istanbul University Amid Criminal Investigation

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.