Skip to content
May 22, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

Ross Chastain savors dominant run, wins NASCAR season finale despite not racing for championship

Ross Chastain stole some of Ryan Blaney’s thunder from NASCAR’s championship weekend.

He’s not making any apologies.

The 30-year-old won for Trackhouse Racing at Phoenix Raceway on Sunday, becoming the first driver to win the season finale while not racing for the championship since Denny Hamlin in 2013, one year before this current elimination format began.

Chastain didn’t give an inch throughout the race, frustrating Blaney, who won his first career NASCAR championship but couldn’t get past the No. 1 Chevrolet to win the race. There was little doubt Chastain had a fast car — he led a race-high 157 laps, including the final 31 — and pulled away as Blaney and Kyle Larson fought for the championship.

Blaney was so irritated that he even rammed into Chastain’s bumper at one point, making his displeasure clear.

“I know he was mad, and I don’t care,” Chastain said, grinning. “I do not care. I did not care then, I do not care now. I’m here to race him. I’m not going to wreck him.”

In the process of winning, Chastain provided a potential blueprint on how non-championship contenders should race when they’re not in title contention. Blaney, Larson, William Byron and Christopher Bell were the only drivers eligible to win the Cup championship on Sunday.

Chastain said he wasn’t going to do something dumb to put Blaney into the wall, but he also wasn’t going to move out of the way.

“I was not going to crash him, I was not going to use by front bumper, side fenders, anything,” Chastain said. “But dirty air? Different story. I’m going to keep the lead because that’s everything.”

It was Chastain’s second win this season. He also won at Nashville in June and was eliminated from the playoffs in the round of eight. He was runner-up in the standings last year to champion Joey Logano and raced for the title at Phoenix.

“We have the same desire to win every week,” crew chief Phil Surgen said. “The championship implication in that moment really didn’t matter to us. Our goal this weekend was to win the race. Running hard for the lead is what we got to do to win. That’s simply what it was.”

Chastain — an eighth-generation watermelon farmer from Florida — is probably best known for a breathtaking move at Martinsville last year, deliberating running into the wall and riding it around the track to shoot from 10th to fifth on the final lap and qualify for the championship finale.

He’s also known for an aggressive racing style that’s made at least a handful of enemies over the years.

But his fifth career win on Sunday showed he plans to be a force in the coming years. Chastain, Larson, Blaney, Byron and Bell are all young drivers who should be battling each other for titles over the next decade.

For a guy who was always a longshot to make NASCAR’s top circuit, it’s heady stuff. Chastain will also be sponsored next year by Busch Light, which chose Chastain to continue its NASCAR presence following Kevin Harvick’s retirement Sunday.

“To say my name next to guys like Kyle Larson, it’s hard for me to believe it,” Chastain said. “It’s hard for me to understand, comprehend.”

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous LeBron James, back in Miami with the Lakers, reflects on his 4 Heat seasons
Next An NCAA first as women’s basketball powers No. 6 South Carolina, No. 10 Notre Dame play in Paris

Related Stories

British Climber Kenton Cool Sets Record with 20th Everest Summit

British Climber Kenton Cool Sets Record with 20th Everest Summit

NYC Launches Lottery for $50 World Cup Football Tickets

NYC Launches Lottery for $50 World Cup Football Tickets

Iran’s World Cup Aspirations Face Challenges Amid US Visa Issues

Iran’s World Cup Aspirations Face Challenges Amid US Visa Issues

Entertainment

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’ 1

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final 2

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption 3

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01 4

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views 5

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade 6

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary 7

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary

Top News

WHO Elevates Ebola Public Health Risk to ‘Very High’ in DR Congo Amidst Outbreak in Ituri Province

WHO Elevates Ebola Public Health Risk to ‘Very High’ in DR Congo Amidst Outbreak in Ituri Province

Turkey Shutters Liberal Istanbul University Amid Criminal Investigation

Turkey Shutters Liberal Istanbul University Amid Criminal Investigation

Marco Rubio Visits India Amidst Strained Trump-Modi Ties: Stakes High Ahead of Quad Meeting

Marco Rubio Visits India Amidst Strained Trump-Modi Ties: Stakes High Ahead of Quad Meeting

Trump Deploys 5,000 Troops to Poland Amid Rising Geopolitical Tensions

Trump Deploys 5,000 Troops to Poland Amid Rising Geopolitical Tensions

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.