Skip to content
May 22, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

All Onewheel electric skateboards are under recall after 4 deaths and serious injury reports

All models of Onewheel self-balancing electric skateboards are under recall after at least four deaths and multiple injuries were reported in recent years, federal regulators said last week.

The 300,000 now-recalled skateboards, manufactured by the California-based Future Motion, can stop balancing a rider if the boards’ limits are exceeded — which risks serious crashes, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said.

Future Motion has received dozens of incident reports involving these skateboards, the CPSC said Friday — including four deaths between 2019 and 2021 and serious injuries like paralysis, traumatic brain injury, fractures and ligament damage.

The deaths resulted from head trauma, the CPSC added. In at least three of the reports, the riders were not wearing helmets.

People who own an impacted Onewheel skateboard should stop using it immediately, regulators said. The recall impacts all Onewheel electric skateboards — including Onewheel, Onewheel+, Onewheel+ XR, Onewheel Pint, Onewheel Pint X and Onewheel GT — sold online and through independent retailers from January 2014 through September of this year.

To address the crash hazard, a new safety alert feature called “haptic buzz” will be available through a firmware update for Onewheel GT, Pint X, Pint and XR boards in the coming weeks, Future Motion’s Onewheel team said. Riders can check their board’s eligibility and learn more about installing the update with Onewheel’s app on Future Motion’s website.

Meanwhile, original Onewheel and Onewheel+ boards are not eligible for the firmware update. Eligible riders can arrange to receive a prorated refund in the form of $100 in store credit after disposing of the product, the CPSC and Future Motion’s Onewheel team said.

“You should not use Onewheels that are not updated or that are not eligible for the firmware update,” the Onewheel team wrote on its website, while also urging all riders to wear helmets and other protective gear. “Rider safety is our top priority and is critical to the long-term success of the sport.

Prior to last week’s announcement, the CPSC warned consumers to stop using Onewheel electric skateboards back in November — similarly pointing to the reports of death and serious injuries. At the time, the CPSC said, Future Motion “refused to agree to an acceptable recall of the product.”

In its online announcement, Future Motion’s Onewheel team said that recall update was “the culmination of months of work with the CPSC.” The Associated Press reached out to Future Motion for further comment Monday.

___

The headline has been corrected to show that the company is called Onewheel, not Oneboard.

 

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous US expands probe into Ford engine failures to include two motors and nearly 709,000 vehicles
Next United Auto Workers union reaches a tentative contract agreement with Mack Trucks

Related Stories

Nearly 50,000 Samsung Workers in South Korea to Strike Over Bonus Dispute

Nearly 50,000 Samsung Workers in South Korea to Strike Over Bonus Dispute

US CEOs in China with Trump: What’s at Stake for Their Businesses?

US CEOs in China with Trump: What’s at Stake for Their Businesses?

Trump-Xi Summit Live: US and China Leaders Discuss Trade, Technology, and Iran Amid Global Uncertainty

Trump-Xi Summit Live: US and China Leaders Discuss Trade, Technology, and Iran Amid Global Uncertainty

Entertainment

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’ 1

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final 2

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption 3

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01 4

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views 5

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade 6

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary 7

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary

Top News

US Deepens European Uncertainty with Deployment of 5,000 Troops to Poland

US Deepens European Uncertainty with Deployment of 5,000 Troops to Poland

Iran War Day 84: US-Iran Talks Advance Amid Mediation Efforts

Iran War Day 84: US-Iran Talks Advance Amid Mediation Efforts

US Raises Threat of Military Action Against Cuba Amid National Security Concerns

US Raises Threat of Military Action Against Cuba Amid National Security Concerns

Thousands Attend Funeral Prayers for San Diego Mosque Attack Victims

Thousands Attend Funeral Prayers for San Diego Mosque Attack Victims

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.