Skip to content
May 22, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

MILLENNIUM NEWS 24/7

Bridging The Community’s World Wide

  • Home
  • IP TV LIVE
  • U.S.News
  • LOCAL ELECTION
  • State News
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Maine
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Business
  • Health News
  • ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Contact us
Live TV

AC Milan takes 1st formal step to moving away from iconic San Siro and into new stadium

AC Milan took the first formal step Wednesday to moving away from the iconic San Siro, which it shares with Inter Milan, and building a new stadium in the southern part of the city.

The Rossoneri announced they had filed a proposal to the council in San Donato to build a 70,000-seat stadium in the city suburb.

The move makes it even more likely that both Milan clubs — which play their home games at San Siro in the north-west of the city — will completely abandon their initial plans to build a new stadium on the same site.

“For over four years, we have embarked with conviction on a journey aimed at giving our club one of the best stadiums of the world, which is able to accompany us into a victorious and sustainable future,” Milan president Paolo Scaroni said. “This represents a preliminary step in the evolution of this process but, at the same time, it is further proof of our ownership’s commitment to guaranteeing continuous growth for AC Milan both on and off the pitch.”

Inter is also considering building a new stadium of its own in a different suburb of the city.

The beginning of the end for the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza — commonly know as San Siro — as home to two of Italian soccer’s most historic clubs was announced in 2019 when the clubs jointly unveiled two shortlisted projects for a proposed new stadium.

That was set to be in the same area but a ruling last month said the old stadium cannot be demolished, making a new one on the same site unfeasible. Costs make renovation of the existing structure prohibitive for the clubs.

San Siro was built in 1925 and is the largest stadium in Italy with a capacity of 80,000. It is set to host the opening ceremony of the 2026 Winter Olympics.

The stadium also is in line to host the Champions League final in 2026 or 2027. Only San Siro and the Puskas Arena in Budapest have been proposed to UEFA which aims to pick both final venues next year.

 

About Author

dreamboy

See author's posts

Post navigation

Previous MATCHDAY: Atletico Madrid visits Osasuna. Roma looks to Lukaku again to kick-start season
Next Man City out of the League Cup after 1-0 loss at Newcastle. Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea advance

Related Stories

British Climber Kenton Cool Sets Record with 20th Everest Summit

British Climber Kenton Cool Sets Record with 20th Everest Summit

NYC Launches Lottery for $50 World Cup Football Tickets

NYC Launches Lottery for $50 World Cup Football Tickets

Iran’s World Cup Aspirations Face Challenges Amid US Visa Issues

Iran’s World Cup Aspirations Face Challenges Amid US Visa Issues

Entertainment

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’ 1

Oscar-winning Director Pedro Almodovar Labels Trump, Netanyahu, and Putin as ‘Monsters’

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final 2

Pro-Palestine Chants Disrupt Israel’s Eurovision Performance in Vienna Semi-Final

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption 3

NYC Exhibit Showcases 3.5 Million Epstein Files to Expose U.S. Corruption

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01 4

Chinese Firm Unveils ‘Transformer’ Style Manned Robot GD01

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views 5

Cannes Juror Paul Laverty Condemns Hollywood’s Boycott of Actors Over Gaza War Views

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade 6

Barcelona’s Lamine Yamal Waves Palestinian Flag During Team Parade

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary 7

Gaza Filmmakers Condemn BBC Following Bafta Win for Shelved Documentary

Top News

WHO Elevates Ebola Public Health Risk to ‘Very High’ in DR Congo Amidst Outbreak in Ituri Province

WHO Elevates Ebola Public Health Risk to ‘Very High’ in DR Congo Amidst Outbreak in Ituri Province

Turkey Shutters Liberal Istanbul University Amid Criminal Investigation

Turkey Shutters Liberal Istanbul University Amid Criminal Investigation

Marco Rubio Visits India Amidst Strained Trump-Modi Ties: Stakes High Ahead of Quad Meeting

Marco Rubio Visits India Amidst Strained Trump-Modi Ties: Stakes High Ahead of Quad Meeting

Trump Deploys 5,000 Troops to Poland Amid Rising Geopolitical Tensions

Trump Deploys 5,000 Troops to Poland Amid Rising Geopolitical Tensions

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
  • tiktok
Editor: Nur M Tofader, Office: 250 Park Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10177 & Tell: 718 893 0002 (Office), 7188441300, +1212 401 6266, e-mail: Info@millenniuamtv24.com, e-mail: Info@millenniuamnews24.com, Copyright © Millennium News 24/7 | DarkNews by AF themes.